In honor of the holiday season, and in true i-have-nothing-original-to-blog-about-so-i’ll-do-a-top-X-list-post style, here are my favorite internet memes from days yonder. From my tubes to yours (there’s a joke about an surrogate motherhood in there somewhere), enjoy:
5. The Rick-Roll (a family favorite). Have you ever been tricked into clicking a link that led to a video clip of the Rick Astley video “Never Gonna Give You Up”? If so, then you’ve been Rick Roll’d! Why anyone would ever be annoyed by this is beyond me…I love Rick Astley and that song is an anthem to my youth.
More after the jump…
4. Numa Numa. I’m not sure why I get so gleeful when I watch this video. Maybe Euro-techno-pop has endorphin releasing powers…
3. LOLCats. Grammatical atrocities + cute kitties = hilarity!
2. Star Wars Kid. At one time or another, we have all been the Star Wars Kid…admit it. This kid just happened to be filming his escapade and it was released to millions of viewers online.
1. AYB. All Your Base Are Belong To Us. Incompetent Japanese translators have given us a wealth of hilarious material over the years, but when you combine it with class video-gaming you have pure gold!
Happy Holidays Everyone!